Current Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday: Receive donations 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Those needing assistance must sign in between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Second Saturday: Receive donations 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. No client services on this day.
- Food: Our food supply comes from local merchants, church and school groups, scouts, and other organizations, as well as individuals. Cash donations are used when purchases are necessary.
- Clothing: SGL volunteers receive, sort, and organize clothing donated from local churches, individuals, and merchants making it readily available to needy persons within our service area.
- Financial Assistance: When it is deemed appropriate and funds are available, limited financial assistance is given in the areas of utilities and prescriptions.
- Spiritual Support: SGL constantly strives to convey a loving spirit and offers prayers with the clients, gives them Bibles, and encourages affiliation and participation in local church services and activities.
To be eligible for assistance, one must reside in one of the following zip codes – 29063, 29210, 29212, or 29002 and be interviewed by a staff member. They must provide a current picture ID showing that they reside in our service area and have proof of current address, as well as Social Security Card for themselves and anyone living in their household. They may receive food and clothing every three months, if needed, and financial assistance once a year. We do no assist with rent or water bills.
The staff works closely with other charitable agencies in meeting particular needs of individuals. This cooperative effort makes possible a more responsible use of available resources for more families and individuals.